Sunday, June 16, 2013

daddy's day

I feel like I have been in a bit of a blog writing funk lately. Braden had a rough week last week and hopefully it was just a little rough patch and he will bounce back. The interferon seems to be draining both physically and emotionally, but he is officially one quarter of the way done with treatment!! I am not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. Nine more months sounds like a long time, but three months down is a milestone in my books!

Happy Father's Day! As a mother and wife I think one of the things that makes me the happiest is seeing Braden and Brynn together. The first question out of Brynn's mouth each morning is "Does Daddy have to go to work today?" I know I am not nearly as fun as Daddy! Two nights a week I head to work and I am not sure what goes on when I am gone, but they sure have a fun time! Since Braden's diagnosis it pulls at my heart strings even more when I watch them together.  Brynn has been the root of Braden's sadness, tears, worry and anxiety. I think he would tell you his greatest fear is not being here to see her grow up. Brynn brings so much happiness into this home and even during the most difficult days she always makes us smile and laugh. She was sitting between us on the couch the day we got that dreaded phone call. She has seen our raw emotions and been there with us through it all. She is also the best hand holder for every shot! She is Braden's reason to fight.

So...Happy Father's Day Braden!!! We love you!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 




2 comments:

  1. I was just telling Tim on the way home from PP today that I needed to send you a message to ask how Braden was doing! Hope you all had a Happy Father's Day together! Still praying and thinking of your family often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day Braden! You are an amazing dad and an awesome role model for Brynn. We love you all so much!!

    Kimberlie and Josh

    ReplyDelete