Wednesday, May 1, 2013

is it worth it?

May is Melanoma Awareness Month! You had it on your calendar, right?!? I have been debating whether posting these pictures is appropriate, but then it occured to me that if I truly want to get my message out some people need to see this! Sometimes I get mad. Mostly it just makes me sad. Imagine seeing one of the people you love the very most sick. I often times think to myself how unfair this is. He didn't spend years in tanning beds. He didn't worship the sun. Yes, he was blessed with beautiful red hair, and he sure does love spending summers outdoors doing things that normal people do, but really? I don't know how many times he has said to me..."It's going to be ok. We will get through this." He picks me up when I am down. He is always the encourager. I admire his strength and courage. So...the next time you think about getting a beautiful tan, or you think that sunscreen is just not your thing, I hope you will think of Braden. He didn't think it would be him either.

Is your tan worth this?




The scar on his back is where the primary site was. Under his arm is where lymph nodes were removed. This picture was after surgery #2.
 
Dr. visit, lab, treatment, repeat...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This picture makes me sad. One of his lowest points during high dose. It hurt to see him feeling so terrible.
 
Three times a week for 11 months...any takers?
 
 
 
My hero and best friend...love him!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment