Saturday, April 27, 2013

going strong

Hey, it's Braden here.  The second best blogger in the family!  I know, you were expecting a post from Andrea...sorry!  Andrea asked me to post an update on how I'm doing now that the high-dose phase is over and I'm on to the injections.  121 more to go to be exact...uggghhh!  I started the shots last week, and so far the side effects have been minimal in comparison to high-dose.  I still get the aches and chills a few hours after the shot ,and sometimes feel achy the next day, but it's nothing like what I felt like during the four weeks of high-dose.  High-dose was in a word...HELL.  It has been nice to get back to somewhat of a normal routine...Going back to work and actually feeling like a productive member of society.  My appetite is back and I've eaten like a horse the past couple of weeks.  Trying to put the weight back on that I lost during high-dose.  My pants don't fit right and it drives me nuts!  Oh yeah, and it has been great being able to drink a beer once in a while!  And I have to mention Andrea in this post.  It's an absolute blessing being married to a nurse...She knows how to give a good shot!  Is there such thing?  Seriously though, she has been my rock through all of this.  When she says we're in this together, she really means it.  And I don't know where we would be without our faith in God.  He gets us through, one day at a time.  Thank you all so much for the continued prayers and support, it truly means a lot!  Have a great weekend!


                                                            The "stuff"

 
 
This little person makes every day better!
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Bottenbergs! I'm stage 3b melanoma, myself, and NED since 2008. I just found your blog and added yours to me growing list of fellow melanoma bloggers. I also write and admin Melanoma Prayer Center on Facebook. If you aren't part of our great melanoma community, I invite you both to plug in. Blessings on your journey! http://letsgivethanks.blogspot.com/2012/01/they-dare-to-care.html

    ReplyDelete