Sunday, April 14, 2013

new normal

Braden had a really good week off of treatment. His blood counts are back up and he has been able to spend time at the office and catch up with a few things around the house. His appetite has been getting better each day, and slowly he is starting to feel more like himself. We are thankful for that! I know it is hard for him to think about starting again for 11 more months, but we are taking it one day at a time and praying this phase of treatment is a little easier. He will start up again this week with injections (at home) three days a week. It has been nice feeling a bit more "normal" this past week. Each day gets easier and melanoma doesn't seem to be the main topic around our house like it has been the past few months. Life goes on. I visited with a stranger last week who told me that our life will never be the same, but someday I will thank God for these circumstances in my life. She said I probably won't understand it now, but someday I will. I am sure I don't completely understand her statement, but I do find myself catching glimpses of the good. God's beauty is everywhere...even in this ugly situation. Our life will never be the same. I know this is true. For me, I think that even in the midst of fear, worry, doubt about what the future could bring, and just the craziness of life these days, I am learning to live in each moment. This has been something I have struggled with and continue to work on. Even after I have been up at work all night long barely able to keep my eyes open, trying to be the best mommy to Brynn, trying to keep up with the day to day things at home, and trying to be with Braden for each appointment, lab draw, infusion,etc... I am trying to thank God. Thank you for these people I love so much, thank you for this day, this home, this job, this treatment. Thank you.  Slowly life is falling back into a "new normal" for us.  We thank you all for faithfully praying for Braden and I thank you for the encouragement as I put myself out there with this blog. I never really thought of this as my type of thing, but I have found that it is good therapy. I recently read this and felt like it was a good reminder for all of us:  "Be careful not to complain about anything, even the weather, since I am the Author of your circumstances. The best way to handle unwanted situations is to thank Me for them. This act of faith frees you from resentment and frees Me to work My ways into the situation, so that good emerges from it." -Jesus Calling Sarah Young.

No comments:

Post a Comment