Monday, July 22, 2013

benefit for braden

What a weekend we had! Thursday evening we headed to Pretty Prairie and spent the entire weekend enjoying time with family and friends. It was a nice break for Braden to get out of town and lay on a different couch for a few days. Unfortunately, he hasn't been feeling the greatest, but the change of scenery was nice! Friday evening we enjoyed Kansas' Largest Night Rodeo with my family and Saturday was the benefit for Braden at Ubuntu. I have been thinking about what I wanted to say here on my blog and I feel like the words aren't coming. It's hard to adequately express the way my heart feels! I feel like I over-use the word blessed, but I feel like my heart could burst it is so very full. Liz, Therese, Karin, Russell, Dewy, Joyce, Mr. and Mrs. Clark, Taylor, Tannon and their cousin Taylor, and the Calvary Chapel Praise Band... you all are angels. Crazy that many of these people I had never met until Saturday! They worked so hard and served around 300 people. I know I am probably missing people who played a part in the benefit and to everyone who came and ate some of the delicious Indian Tacos, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. This road has not been easy, but people like you make it so much easier for us. This really is what Ubuntu is about and I know that what they did for my family is only the start of all the wonderful things to come for the community!

I know I haven't updated on Braden in awhile. We are over 4 months into treatment and I feel like Braden has done fantastic! I would like to ask everyone who is faithfully praying for Braden to please continue as he is dealing with some different things, some of which change on a daily basis. Lately it seems as if the good days are few and far between as he has been battling the aches, the poor appetitie, the fatigue, and trying to deal with the emotional toll it is playing. Unfortunately this is all to be expected and he amazes me every day by his ability to fight through it while trying to work full time and be a great daddy and husband. Your prayers are felt and we are so thankful for them. I have said this before, but without our faith we would be lost. We serve an awesome God!! He continually shows us his blessings!  Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.  



Brynn loved the rodeo!
 
 
Therese and Liz...they worked so hard for Ubuntu's open house and the benefit!!
 
 
Brynn had a good time shopping at Ubuntu!
 
 
I love these kids so much!!
When life gives you lemons...
 
 
The delicious and adorable cupcakes Heidi made for the grand-opening!
 
 
 
 
 
Calvary Chapel Praise Band
 
 
 
 
 
Indian Taco's to go!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Brynn and Reese were busy shopping!
 
 
Hannah's first trip to Pretty Prairie and enjoying some cousin time!
 
 
These ladies will forever hold a special place in my heart!!
 
 

 

 Shop Sharing the generosity that keeps it running...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment