Monday, March 11, 2013

go time!

Hey all...it's Braden here.  So, today was my first day of treatment. I have to admit, I was so ready for this day to finally be here, but to be honest, it was a little surreal sitting in the cancer center treatment room being the only one under the age of about 60.  The past couple of months of my life have been a complete whirlwind.  You just never think anything like this can happen to you...I just want to tell you all thank you so much for the prayers and well wishes. It truly means a lot. I don't know what the next year of my life is going to be like, but I feel so blessed to be surrounded by many great friends and family members. With God by my side, I am ready to kick melanoma's a$$.  I can say that, right God?  :)
 
 

In honor of March Madness I wanted to share an awesome quote from the great Jim Valvano.

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

-Jim Valvano, March 3, 1993

1 comment:

  1. Stronger by Mandessa
    Hey, heard you were up all night, Thinking 'bout how your world ain't right
    And you wonder if things will ever get better.
    And you're asking why is it always raining on you, When all you want is just a little good news, instead of standing there stuck out in the weather. Oh, don't hang your head. It's gonna end. God's right there, even if it's hard to see Him. I promise you that He still cares.
    When the waves are taking you under, hold on just a little bit longer. He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger! The pain ain't gonna last forever and things can only get better. Believe me, this is gonna make you stronger.
    Try and do the best you can. Hold on and let Him hold your hand. Go on and fall into the arms of Jesus. Oh, lift your head, it's gonna end. God's right there, even when you just can't feel Him. I promise you that He still cares. Cause if He started this work in your life, He'll be faithful to complete it, if only you believe it. He knows how much it hurts and I'm sure that He's gonna help you get through this. Gotta hold on just a little bit longer. The pain ain't gonna last forever. It's only gonna make you stronger! stronger!!!

    You are strong! You will conquere this! God is good! We love you guys! mom and dad

    ReplyDelete