Wednesday, March 27, 2013

week three...we won't miss you

Over half way done with high dose treatment. Week one came and went with some yucky side effects. Week two went about as good as we could have hoped. Besides Braden's liver enzymes going haywire which required a dose reduction and his white count that continues to remain low he had only a few yucky symptoms last week. Week three has been a different story and we won't be sad to see this week go. The appetitie is gone, the fatigue is here in full force and he has been battling the body aches and chills on a daily basis. Braden handles it all like a champ. We are praying the symptoms will ease up or better yet for no symptoms at all as we finish up this phase of treatment. Also praying for Braden to stay healthy and strong as his immune system is weak.

Thankfully, Braden has been able to keep up with work from home as best as he can. He has had some help from great coworkers. We are so blessed and thankful for all of the awesome meals we have received and for all of the little play-dates Brynn has had while we are at the cancer center. Also, for our families who drop everything to help us out when needed. Thank you all for the encouraging words, messages, cards, phone calls and most importantly PRAYER! I have been focusing this week on letting go of everything that is weighing heavy on my heart and giving it to God. Every thought, every worry, every distraction, everything that is completely beyond my control. The second it comes to my mind I say..."God it's yours." You should try it! It works!! Someone shared this verse with me this week and I felt like it went perfectly with my new mantra...I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8








No comments:

Post a Comment