Sunday, August 25, 2013

cabin life

Our vacation came and went way too fast! We had the most wonderful week with my parents at their beautiful cabin in Colorado. My little sister Ashley came along also and we had the best time. It was a great get-a-way! This trip was extra special because we celebrated my Dad's 60th birthday while we were there. Brynn also got to experience her first (but not last) trip over Engineer and Cinnamon Pass. She was such a trooper as we spent a LOT of time on the trails. She loved being on the 4-wheeler! We also saw a black bear running through an open meadow one afternoon while we were out riding. It was quite an adrenaline rush...hence my lack of pictures to prove it! Like always, we made lots of new memories. Leaving the cabin is never fun. We can't wait to make it back! 

Braden hasn't had a shot in over a week now and he is feeling better and better each day. His appetite has increased, his body aches are gone and the fatigue is improving. Tomorrow it is back to reality as he starts up again. I know he is not looking forward to it, but I think this break was refreshing and he has renewed energy to keep fighting. We are nearing the half-way point! Knowing we are almost over the hump is a great feeling.

"I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip. He who watches over you will not slumber." Psalm 121: 1-3



Ready to go!
 
 
The crew
 
 
Moose and baby moose
 
 
 
 
 
Dad and Mom trying to find shelter in the hail storm! Ouch!!
 
 
 
 
 
On top of the world!
 
 
Happy Birthday Dad!! We celebrated with great Colorado neighbors and friends!
 
 
Meet Lucy...Brynn's new friend who came to visit most days in hopes of a good snack!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Brynn and Papa
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment